A few notes on the picks:
- The most popular pick is is Mathew Fraser to win (734 points wagered out of 7,400), followed by Kara Webb to win (570) and Dan Bailey to podium (321).
- Of the six required bets, the most points have been wagered on female podium (1,451), followed by male top 10 (1,327). Male to podium has the least points (1,111).
- In total, the points wagered have a potential payoff of 7.72 for men and 10.34 for women. This means the picks on the women's side have been, on average, a bit riskier than on the men's side.
- The biggest potential payoff on a single wager in the field would occur if Stacie Tovar finished on the podium, which would pay The Wife 4,310 points. This would ALMOST guarantee her a victory. The next-biggest potential payoff on a single wager would be Lucas Parker to podium (4,000 points for JB).
- Not surprisingly, the entrant with the most potential points is The Wife at a staggering 7,050 (I will have to take her out to dinner if this happens). Six others have at least 2,000 potential points. The most conservative entrant is AngieP, with 189 potential points, followed by John Nail at 242. That doesn't mean these two entrants cannot win, of course.
- For what it's worth, we had about 25 entrants last year, and the winner (JesseM) had a total payoff of about 6.5x his original wager. That doesn't mean that type of payoff will be necessary to win this year, but something to keep in mind.